About Dr. Smith
Brendan E. Smith, M.D.
Dr. Smith was born in Australia and raised in Charleston, South Carolina. He attended The College of Charleston and graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina. He completed a General Surgery residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte and he is board certified in general surgery. Dr. Smith then completed a plastic surgery residency at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City and he is board certified in plastic surgery. He was in private practice in Utah for over four years before returning to the Low Country in September, 2000. His medical areas of interest include breast surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, facial surgery, body contouring surgery, and hand surgery. His personal areas of interest include outdoor activities and spending time with his family.
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons