How you will look immediately after facelift surgery, and when you will start to look socially acceptable varies from patient to patient. A critical element in when facelift patients will feel confident enough to go out in public again is reliant upon the skill level and expertise of the surgeon. When selecting a surgeon for your facelift procedure, make sure you are choosing the right doctor with the most experience.
Facelift patients generally start to feel better within 2 weeks of surgery, and most of the swelling has waned by that point and results will only begin to improve as time moves on. Having facelift surgery is a very serious decision and it requires the patient to be dedicated throughout the healing process. Keep reading for some tips on how you can get achieve a successful recovery.
- Schedule your facelift a minimum of 6 weeks before a major event, such as a wedding. At the 6 week mark, most facelift patients can see the real results of their surgery.
- Follow post-operative surgery instructions exactly has they have been provided to you by your surgeon.
- Do not take any blood thinners or fish oil for at least 5 days following the operation.
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, etc., for at least one week. Warm showers are permitted after 48 hours.
- Mild bruising is normal in facelifts, taking Arnica Montana can speed up the process and help bruises fade.
Facelift in Okatie
For more information on facelift procedures or any other service we offer, contact Dr. Smith today at 866.705.8940 or 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you!