Millions of people have lips that are naturally thin, or have lost volume over time. Patients with this concern often elect to increase the size of their lips, either through surgery or injections.
Lip augmentation can be performed on the upper or lower lip, or on both lips at once. So, is lip augmentation right for you? Let’s take a look at some common questions regarding this procedure.
- What does will a lip augmentation entail ? For most patients, enhancing their lip size will mean getting injections. However, other patients will elect to receive lip implants instead, which will usually require anesthesia. Synthetic lip implants will be inserted through tiny incisions made by the doctor at the corners of the mouth. The incisions are then closed with stitches. Some common methods for lip enhancement will include Collagen or Restylane injections, which give lips a plumper look.
- How long will lip augmentation take to complete? In most cases. the procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and is done in the doctor’s office in less than an hour. Anesthesia may be used, depending on the procedure being performed. Injections may require topical anesthetic.
- Is lip augmentation permanent? Lip injections are not permanent. However, some injectables provide results that last up to several months, and in some cases, up to a year! Lip implants provide are a more permanent solution. Both techniques, however, provide excellent results for the patient.
- Are there any negative side-effects associated with this procedure? Following a lip augmentation, some patients will experience mild discomfort and swelling, although these side-effects will be temporary.Other possible risks often associated with this procedure may include infection, bleeding, infection, swelling, numbness, nerve damage. Fortunately, most patients will experience a comfortable, pain-free procedure that leaves them with fuller, more beautiful lips!
- Who is a good candidate for this procedure? The best candidates for this treatment are healthy adults who are looking to restore lost fullness and volume to lips. Allergy testing may be necessary for patients who have previously had previous allergic reactions to fillers. Patients should discuss the procedure thoroughly to make sure the procedure is right for them!
Lip Augmentation in Okatie