Each year, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) releases statistics detailing the year in cosmetic procedures, from the number of procedures performed to demographic information and more. The 2014 edition of these statistics has just been released, revealing that there were 15.6 million cosmetic procedures performed in the United States this past year, marking a 3% rise since 2013. Take a deeper look into these statistics and explore the most popular plastic surgery procedures of 2014.
Top Plastic Surgery Procedures of 2014
- Breast augmentation. With 286,254 procedures performed in 2014, breast augmentation continues to be the most popular plastic surgery procedure in the United States. For women unhappy with the size or shape of their breasts, breast augmentation offers a unique and customized way to achieve larger, natural-feeling breasts.
- Rhinoplasty. Also known as nose reshaping, rhinoplasty works to achieve facial harmony and boost confidence by augmenting, reducing or reshaping a patient’s nose. It can be performed for cosmetic or functional reasons, and is consistently one of the most effective and popular plastic surgery procedures performed.
- Liposuction. There were more than 210,000 liposuction procedures performed in 2014, as more and more patients are turning to this procedure to help eliminate targeted areas of stubborn fat. This minimally-invasive procedure removes fat through a tube known as a cannula, helping to restore a slimmer, more contoured appearance.
- Eyelid surgery. Eyelids can sag or droop over time, causing patients to look older than they really are and even potentially blocking vision. Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, offers a popular surgical treatment option, working to tighten eyelid muscles and tissue while removing excess skin.
- Facelift. The facelift is a procedure designed to rejuvenate the mid-to-lower face and neck, offering treatment for deep creases under the eyes, midface sagging, jowls and more. With 128,266 facelifts performed in 2014, this procedure continues to be one of the most popular methods of facial rejuvenation.
For More Information about Any of These Procedures, Contact Dr. Smith Today.
To learn about any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Smith today at 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you.