While Dr. Smith is well-known for his board-certified surgical expertise, training, and experience with the plastic surgeries he provides for patients from all around the Hilton Head and Savannah area, he also provides non-invasive treatments such as CoolPeel, Embrace RF, and injectables such as the entire Restylane line.
Since we’re coming up on serious party season and considering we all missed out on most all of the normal social events last holiday season, the feeling is this year is going to be party central! We certainly deserve it!
Before the big events, you still have time to stop by our offices on Okatie Center Boulevard to have Dr. Smith fill a few of those lines and areas of volume loss with Restylane injections. He offers the full line of these popular hyaluronic acid fillers, allowing you to lose some of those unwanted signs of aging just in time for that office party, Secret Santa party with family, or dinner with the in-laws.
What are the various Restylane fillers and where are they used?
Originally, Restylane® was a single filler. Over the years, an entire family of Restylane® fillers has been developed, each targeting a specific area of the face. Dr. Smith has researched each new addition in the line, and he offers the entire line. Each filler is intended for a different area of the face. Here are the descriptions of each Restylane® filler, what types of wrinkles they target, and how long you can expect them to last.
- Restylane® — This was the flagship product, the first dermal filler. It remains very popular around the world. It targets marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last from 6-9 months.
- Restylane®Silk — Restylane®Silk is FDA approved specifically for the lips. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and for the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane®Kysse — Restylane® Kysse is also specifically meant for use on the lips. Once injected, Kysse adds fullness to the lips, and it helps smooth wrinkles on and above the upper lip (perioral lines). Kysse is different than Silk because it is the first dermal filler to be equipped with Optimal Balance Technology, also known as XpresHAn Technology. This technology enables Kysse to integrate into the tissues in the injected areas to achieve a more natural look. Galderma says this technology looks and feels more natural with the many movements of our lips. Kysse also delivers longer results than Silk, lasting up to one year.
- Restylane®Lyft — Restylane®Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. Lyft also can be used to replace volume loss on the hands. Results last from one year to 18 months.
- Restylane® Refyne — Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane® Defyne
Approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
Schedule your Restylane session at Smith Plastic Surgery. These appointments only take 30 minutes or so, and your results are immediate. Call us at (843) 705-8940 to schedule your injection session. All you have to lose before your big event is your smile lines, your marionette lines, your parentheses lines…