Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as nose surgery or nose reshaping, remains one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed throughout the world. The rhinoplasty procedure can be used to achieve a number of outcomes, including reshaping or reducing a patient’s nose, depending on each individual’s unique profile. In addition, rhinoplasty can be combined with other nasal or sinus procedures to restore function to the nose.
Nose surgery usually takes one to two hours, depending on the case, and is typically performed as an outpatient procedure under sedation or general anesthesia.
Here are some of the top benefits that can be achieved through rhinoplasty:
- Balance. Not only can rhinoplasty reshape a nose so that it is in better proportion with the rest of a person’s facial features, but it can also restore a natural harmony and balance to the overall appearance of the face.
- Improved nasal profile. Patients are often self-conscious when there is a large bump or deep depression on the bridge of the nose. A skilled plastic surgeon can even out the bridge of the nose, creating a natural slope to achieve a more attractive facial profile.
- Symmetry. Whether inherited at birth or caused by an accident or trauma, an asymmetrical or deviated nasal septum can be a source of insecurity and physical discomfort. Rhinoplasty gently and permanently restores symmetry to the nose.
- Easy breathing. Rhinoplasty does not have to be purely cosmetic. The procedure can be performed in conjunction with septoplasty or endoscopic sinus surgery to restore function to the nasal passages, allowing patients to breathe easy in addition to achieving a more attractive nose.
- Contoured nasal tip. Nose reshaping can drastically improve the appearance of a nasal tip that is considered too large or boxy. Additionally, this procedure can correct nasal tips that bend downward or point up. Similarly, overly narrow or wide nostrils can be reshaped, according to the patient’s desires.
Contact Dr. Smith to Learn More About Rhinoplasty
For more information about rhinoplasty, contact us today at 866.705.8940 or 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you