What to Expect While Recovering from Facelift Surgery
- Posted on: Nov 8 2014
Over time, sun exposure, daily stresses, and the natural aging process can take a toll on your looks. The facelift procedure can counteract many of these age-related issues, such as wrinkles, fat deposits, loose skin, and deep creases beside the mouth, by tightening muscle and trimming away excess fat. This leaves patients with a fresher, more youthful look.
When selecting a surgeon for your facelift procedure, be certain to choose an experienced doctor who will take your specific needs into account. Facelift surgery is a major operation, and requires a lengthy healing process.
What To Expect While Recovering from Facelift Surgery
- Your face will be lightly bandaged for about a week post-surgery, in order to reduce bruising and swelling
- Pain medication will be administered in order to make certain you are as comfortable as possible following surgery
- A drainage tube may be inserted behind your ear to prevent blood and fluid from collecting under your skin
- During your recovery, you should expect some postoperative swelling, numbness, and skin discoloration for about two weeks
- For the first few days after facelift surgery, you must keep your head elevated and immobile to reduce swelling
- Most stitches will be removed in about five days, and your initial face lift results will be apparent soon after surgery
Most patients who undergo facelift surgery will be able to return to their normal activities within one or two weeks. In many cases, patients look 10 to 15 years younger following surgery. While the results of your facelift can last for many years, it’s important to keep in mind that the results of this procedure are not permanent and cannot stop you from aging. You may need to have a second procedure within five or ten years to restore the results of the original procedure.
Are You Considering a Facelift? Contact Dr. Smith Today!
Are you interested in turning back the hands of time with a facelift procedure? Contact Dr. Brendan E. Smith today at 866.705.8940 or 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Posted in: Facelift