The cosmetic surgery industry is no longer just a woman’s game. These days, more and more men are opting to enhance and improve their appearance with plastic surgery procedures. More than one million men in the U.S. chose to undergo at least one cosmetic procedure in 2013, according to recent figures.
Here is a look at some of the most popular cosmetic procedures for men:
- Blepharoplasty: Commonly referred to as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty is a procedure that can improve the appearance of baggy, tired, or angry-looking eyes. One major advantage of eyelid surgery is minimal downtime combined with a naturally refreshed appearance. Blepharoplasty can be performed on the upper eyelid, the lower eyelid or both lids, depending on the patient.
- Facelift: For patients looking for more dramatic approach to facial rejuvenation or who wish to complement previous procedures, a facelift may be the right choice. A facelift can reduce or eliminate jowls and sagging skin as well deep wrinkles and skin creases by tightening the muscles and skin on the face.
- Forehead Lift: A forehead lift, also known as a brow lift, removes horizontal lines across the forehead and furrow lines between the eyebrows. This procedure is often combined with a facelift for patients looking to optimize their results.
- Nose Surgery: Rhinoplasty is the most popular facial surgery performed among both men and women. Many men opt for this surgery for functional reasons, such as to correct an injury or deviated septum. However, there is an increasing trend among men looking to improve the cosmetic appearance of their nose. This procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis, and most patients can return to work and other daily activities one week following surgery.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a popular choice for men because of its versatility. This technique can be used to eliminate unwanted fat from the flank (love handles), face and chest and create a leaner contour.
Interested In Learning More About Cosmetic Procedures? Contact Dr. Smith
For more information about any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Smith today at 866.705.8940 or 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you.