If you’ve decided to get lipoplasty, or what is commonly referred to as liposuction, your first step will likely be to book an appointment for a consultation. Liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that removes fat deposits from the body that wouldn’t otherwise be eliminated through diet and exercise. Liposuction helps to reshape parts of your body, and can greatly improve your self-esteen.
Keep reading to learn how to get the most out of your liposuction consultation.
- Be honest. Explain to your doctor your goals and wishes regarding the liposuction procedure. What is it that you expect liposuction to do for you? What type of results are you seeking? Relax and don’t hold back, as it is important to establish an open and comfortable level of communication with your surgeon. Liposuction can be used to treat the following areas: abdomen, buttocks, thighs, back, hips, arms, calves, face/neck/chin, and ankles.
- Medical history will be recorded. Do not withhold any information from your surgeon in regards to medication, alcohol/tobacco/drug use, previous surgeries, allergies, or medical conditions.
- Say cheese! Photographs will be taken during the consultation, so that you can see the improvements after your procedure and have something to compare your improved body to.
- Talk about results. At your consultation, it’s important to ask your doctor to provide a full explanation of the likely outcomes of your liposuction procedure. You should also be made aware of all of the associated risks and possible complications that can potentially arise.
- Write down your questions, and take notes! If you’re nervous or excited at your consultation, you may forget to ask specific questions or even forget the answers you were given. There is nothing wrong with making a list to help you during your consultation — the American Society of Plastic Surgeons has even published a list of questions to ask your plastic surgeon at the time of your consultation.
- Schedule your procedure date. Now that you know what to expect and are fully prepared, you will be able to schedule your appointment while at your consultation.
Liposuction in Okatie
If you are interested in scheduling a liposuction consultation, contact us today at 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beauport, and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you!