Is a Mini Tummy Tuck Right for You?
- Posted on: Dec 24 2014
The abdominoplasty, or “tummy tuck” procedure has long been the go-to option for women looking to achieve a flat, smooth and toned stomach. However, not every woman requires the drastic results provided by this procedure. For women who only need a slight improvement to see results, the partial abdominoplasty or “mini tummy tuck” procedure offers an option. Keep reading to learn more about this procedure and find out if you’re a suitable candidate.
- What is a mini tummy tuck? The mini tummy tuck procedure is an effective solution for patients who are looking for slimmer, toned stomach, but don’t require a great deal of improvement to meet their goals.
- How is it different from a tummy tuck? The main difference between these procedures is that a mini tummy tuck involves a shorter incision compared to the traditional procedure. Additionally, skin is only lifted to the navel, so it does not need to be repositioned.
- Am I a candidate? If you’re looking to remove only a small amount of abdominal fat and skin, this procedure may be the right choice for you. It’s ideal for women with busy lifestyles who are looking to eliminate excess or sagging skin following pregnancy.
- What can I expect from the recovery period? Most patients return home just hours after the mini tummy tuck procedure, and are back on their feet quickly. Patients are often able to return to work in just days, while strenuous activities should be avoided for a few weeks. Some may experience postoperative pain, but this is typically minimal.
- When will I be able to see results? Results typically start to become noticeable just weeks after the procedure, with full results appearing anywhere from 4-5 months to a year.
To Find Out More about the Partial Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck) Procedure, Contact Dr. Smith Today.
For more information about mini tummy tucks or any other services we offer, contact Dr. Smith today at 866.705.8940 or 843.705.8940. Our offices are located in South Carolina, serving the communities of Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort and Okatie. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in: Tummy Tuck